The Legal Services Program is temporarily suspended due to lack of funding. Please check back later to see if the program has been reactivated.
Virginia’s criminal justice system can be complex and intimidating. As the victim of a crime, you have rights guaranteed by both federal and state law. These legal rights include the right to be informed, the right to protection, the right to attend trial, the right to be heard, the right to be notified, and the right to restitution.
If you need help to make your rights a reality or other legal assistance arising as a direct result of victimization, the Virginia Victim Assistance Network provides related services to eligible crime victims throughout Virginia, including:
- Information regarding your legal rights
- Over-the-phone legal counsel with our Victim Services Attorney
- Referrals for community services
- Assistance connecting with no-cost or low-cost attorneys
- Limited in-court representation (in the greater Richmond area)
Need legal help?
Complete Our Online Intake Form
or call 804-662-0833
All services are FREE, SAFE, and CONFIDENTIAL.
For more information regarding your rights: A Summary of Virginia’s Crime Victim & Witness Rights Act