From critical, foundational skills to emerging trends in the field, The Network strives to facilitate relevant and meaningful learning opportunities for victims’ services professionals.
We host the following central trainings annually:
- Advocate Essentials Academy
- Legislation & Advocacy Forecast
- Annual Victim Witness Directors’ Forum
We also host our Annual Conference on Crime Victims’ Issues each November, and offer a variety of special-focus trainings throughout the year as well.
Our team also provides training on selected topics and technical assistance by request. We can provide training virtually or in person. Members receive training at no cost. There is a nominal fee for non-members. If we are unable to provide training, we will do our best to refer to a partner organization.
- Trauma & Resilience 101
- Advocacy Skills 101
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing for Victims
- Introduction to Lethality Assessment and Safety Planning
- Vicarious Trauma, Compassion Fatigue, Burnout
- Advocate Wellness